Diagnosis and surgical treatment of:
– arterial aneurysms of brain;
– arteriovenous malformations and fistulae of brain and spinal cord, arterio-sinus fistulae (incl. carotid-cavernous fistulae);
– cerebral and spinal vascular stenosis;
cerebral (brain), spinal, pituitary tumors
– tumors of cranial and spinal nerves;
– lumbar disc herniations and lumbar spinal stenosis;
– injuries of peripheral nerves and nerve plexuses;
– consequences of traumatic brain injury (posttraumatic skull defects, basal liquorrhea, hydrocephalus);
– normotensive adult hydrocephalus.
Functional and stereotactic neurosurgery:
– extrapyramidal movement disorders (Parkinson’s disease, generalized muscle dystonia, essential tremor etc.);
– surgical treatment of epilepsy, central and peripheral chronic pain syndromes (incl. severe facial pain), severe spastic syndrome.
Methods that are used for treatment:
– neurostimulation of deep cerebral structures (deep brain stimulation – DBS);
– neurostimulation for chronic pain (spinal cord stimulation – SCS);
– Baclofen pump implantation, DREZ-myelotomy, selective rhizotomy;
– stereotaxic biopsy;
– microvascular decompression of cranial nerves.