A temporary residence permit in Belarus is a document that gives a foreign citizen the right to reside in the Republic of Belarus for an unlimited number of days within a certain period (up to 1 year). Thus, getting the specified document, you can reside in Belarus both 1 day a year and 365 days a year. No limits!
A temporary residence permit is issued by the citizenship and migration authorities at the place of residence of a foreign citizen. The term of consideration of the documents – 15 days.
Grounds for obtaining a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Belarus:
• arrival in the Republic of Belarus for employment (having a special work permit in the Republic of Belarus);
• arrival in the Republic of Belarus for education;
• availability of residential premises in the territory of the Republic of Belarus (for example, a foreign citizen bought a house or apartment);
• a foreign citizen was previously a citizen of the Republic of Belarus;
• a foreign citizen is a spouse, a close relative of a citizen of the Republic of Belarus.
To obtain a temporary residence permit in the Republic of Belarus, a foreign citizen shall submit the following documents to the citizenship and migration authority:
1) Application form;
2) Original passport;
3) Translation of the passport;
4) Premises Lease Agreement (or the documents of ownership of the apartment (house);
6) Confirmation of payment of the state fee (approximately USD 40);
7) Documents confirming the basis for obtaining temporary residence permit.
The temporary residence permit is a sticker in your passport (accordingly, when submitting the documents, you must be sure that you have several free pages in your passport).
After receiving a temporary residence permit, a foreign citizen has the right to obtain an annual exit-entry visa. The visa is actually needed to leave Belarus and enter Belarus (the residence permit gives the right to stay only in the territory of the Republic of Belarus, but it does not give the right to leave and enter). You can obtain a visa both urgently (within 1 day) and within 15 days.
An important condition is that the foreign citizen who has received a temporary residence permit in Belarus is obliged to reside in the Republic of Belarus only at the place of temporary residence, which is specified in the temporary residence permit. If the foreign citizen changes the place of temporary residence, he is obliged within five days to apply to the Internal Affairs body at the new place of temporary residence to make changes to the temporary residence permit. Habitation not at the place which is specified in the temporary residence permit, can lead the foreign citizen to a fine.
A temporary residence permit may be prolonged annually if there are legal grounds for it. For prolongation of the temporary residence permit, the foreign citizen must apply to the Department of Citizenship and Migration 15 days before the date of expiry of the temporary residence permit and submit the same package of documents as for receiving the temporary residence permit.
What opportunities does the temporary residence permit give in Belarus?
– legal stay in the territory of the Republic of Belarus any number of days per year (within the duration of the temporary residence permit);
– ability to buy a car and register it in your name;
– possibility to obtain an exit-entry visa;
– possibility in some cases to apply for visas of other states to the embassies located in the Republic of Belarus;
– possibility to issue an invitation and invite relatives to visit Belarus.