Most foreign citizens have to receive a Belarusian visa to enter the Republic of Belarus. Visa is a permit to enter the Republic of Belarus, to leave the Republic of Belarus, to stay in the Republic of Belarus or transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus. Nowadays from the end of July, 2018 more than 80 countries citizens don’t need to get visa if they come for 30 days or less. The list of the countries and visa-free entrance rules you can find here.
In the Republic of Belarus there are 3 (three) types of visas:
1. The entry visa that allows a person only to enter Belarus (Entry visa to Belarus);
2. The exit visa that allows a person only to leave Belarus (Exit visa to Belarus);
3. The exit-entry visa that allows a person to leave Belarus and enter it again (Exit-entry visa to Belarus).
Entry visas may be single-entry, double-entry and multiple-entry.
All entry visas are divided into the following types:
1. Type B – a transit visa issued for transit through the territory of the Republic of Belarus for the defined period, but no more than for 1 year, and it is valid for 2 days from the date of entry of a foreign citizen.
2. Type C – a short-term visa, which is valid up to 90 days with the right of single, double or multiple entries to the Republic of Belarus.
Type C visa can be issued for the following purposes: business trip, participation in sport or cultural events, study, employment, journalistic activity, religious reasons, tourism, private purposes, visiting the burial places, implementation of humanitarian programs.
3. Type D – a long-term visa, which is valid up to 1 year with the right to stay for up to 90 days and multiple entries to the Republic of Belarus, unless otherwise stipulated by the International Agreements of the Republic of Belarus.
Type D visa can be issued for the following purposes: maintaining business contacts, participation in sport / cultural events, private purposes, visiting the burial places, employment.
You can obtain a visa via the Belarusian Consular Office in the place of residence or in the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Minsk National Airport.
Here you can find more information about a tourist visa to Belarus, private purpose visa, business visa to Belarus as well as student visa to Belarus.