BSPU named after Maxim Tank is a leading pedagogical university of Belarus with a century of history. Its main task is the professional training of teachers for institutions of preschool, secondary and higher education. BSPU faculties have the necessary technical and scientific basis for the training of successful teachers, and BSPU institutes are engaged in the development of urgent problems of education. By the way, the faculty of psychology of the Belarusian State Pedagogical University is the largest in the country, in 2016 it was transformed into the Institute of Psychology of the Belarusian State Pedagogical University. In addition to social and educational psychology, here you can study the psychology of family relations and the psychology of entrepreneurial activity. The recently opened Institute of Inclusive Education of the Belarusian State Pedagogical University specializes in correctional pedagogy.
It is possible to enter the Belarusian State Pedagogical University without exams if you are a medalist or a graduate of a teaching class. For this reason, passing scores for some specialties are 400.
On June 22, 1914, the Minister of Education of the Russian Empire, Lev Aristidovich Kasso, signed the Decree on the opening of the Minsk Teachers Institute. On November 21, 1914, the grand opening of the Minsk Teacher Institute took place.
In the fall of 1918, the Minsk Pedagogical Institute was opened, in which outstanding cultural and scientific figures of that time, Efim Karsky, Vaclav Ivanovsky, Bronislav Tarashkevich, taught. This institute served as the basis for the creation of the pedagogical faculty of BSU in 1921.
In 1920-1921, as a result of the reform of teachers' institutes, a new type of pedagogical educational institution was created - the public education institute, which provided for the training of not only teachers, but also preschool and extracurricular workers. The teacher's institute gets a new name - Minsk Institute of Public Education.
On September 23, 1921, the Minsk Institute of Public Education was transformed into the pedagogical faculty of BSU.
In 1928-1931, a campus was built at the Belarusian State University, in which 4 buildings, 2 libraries, and a dormitory for 300 people are allocated to the faculty of education.
In 1931, 48% of students of the pedagogical faculty lived in a dormitory. The average scholarship was 35 rubles.
On July 28, 1931, on the basis of a resolution of the Council of People's Commissars of the BSSR, the pedagogical faculty of the BSU was reorganized into an independent Belarusian State Higher Pedagogical Institute.
In 1936, the Minsk State Pedagogical Institute was named after M. Gorky.
On July 29, 1944, the Council of People's Commissars of the BSSR adopted a resolution on the resumption of activity of the Minsk State Pedagogical Institute named after M. Gorky.
In 1948, the Minsk State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages was created on the basis of the Faculty of Foreign Languages of the Moscow State Pedagogical Institute.
In 1972, the Minsk State Pedagogical Institute named after M. Gorky was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor for success in the training of teachers and scientific activities.
In 1975, the Minsk Institute of Culture was created on the basis of the library faculty of the Moscow State Pedagogical Institute.
In 1982, the Moscow State Pedagogical Institute was awarded the Certificate of Merit of the Presidium of the Supreme Council of the BSSR.
In 1991, the museum was opened BSPU. The updated exposition was presented to visitors on February 26, 2007.
In 1991, the Belarusian State Pedagogical University became the only Belarusian university to open a planetarium representing an exact model of the starry sky.
September 8, 1993 Minsk State Pedagogical Institute. M. Gorky was reorganized into the Belarusian State Pedagogical University.
In 1994, a solemn meeting of students and university staff with the President of the Republic of Belarus A. G. Lukashenko took place.
In 1995, BSPU was named after the national poet of Belarus Maxim Tank.
In 1997, BSPU was awarded the Honorary State Flag of the Republic of Belarus.
In 2004, the Foucault pendulum was installed in the foyer of the Belarusian State Pedagogical University, which was consecrated by the Patriarchal Exarch of All Belarus, Metropolitan of Minsk and Slutsk Filaret.
In 2007, BSPU became a member of the Eurasian Association of Universities.
physical and mathematical sciences
historical sciences and archeology