The history of the academy began in 1945, when the Theater Institute was opened in Minsk. The first enrollment of students was carried out in the amount of 90 students. After 8 years, the institute acquired the status of a state one. Gradually the institute developed, every year more and more departments and specialties were opened here. For example, the department of directing, the department of academic drawing and
Department of Painting.
In 1962, he began recruiting students for graduate school.
The institute trained not only directors and painters, but also designers for industry and furniture design artists.
In 1971, the institute changed the strategy of academic training in the field of theater studies and acting. In the same year, for the first time in the history of the institute, foreign citizens began to be recruited into the number of students.
In 1980, a significant event took place in the history of the institute, an educational theater was opened here. After 5 years, a museum was opened within the walls of the educational institution.
Already in 1991, a decision was made to transform the institute into the Belarusian Academy of Arts.
In 2001, the first Dissertation Defense Council was established, and
opening of preparatory courses for the BSAI applicants.
In the same year, the academy receives its official name - the Belarusian State Academy of Arts.
Today the Academy teaches students in five faculties. Both Belarusian citizens and foreign students are trained here.
The Academy invites applicants to the following faculties:
• Theater faculty;
• Faculty of Arts;
• Faculty of Design and Arts and Crafts;
• Faculty of Screen Arts;
• faculty of advanced training and retraining of personnel.
Every year the walls of the academy welcome new students. They are selected on a competitive basis. To enter the academy, the applicant must bring the following documents to the selection committee:
• a sample application (to be completed at the academy);
• documents on education with an application;
• certificates of CT held in the Republic of Belarus in the year of admission or in the previous year;
• medical certificate in the form;
• documents on benefits;
• 6 photographs measuring 3 x 4 cm;
• stamped envelope (2 pcs.).
The Academy provides an opportunity to train foreign citizens. To take part in the competitive selection, a foreign applicant must send the following documents to the email address:
• a completed application form (the questionnaires can be found on the official website of the academy or send a request to the official email address);
• a copy of your passport;
• a copy of the education certificate with an attachment;
• portfolio of creative works (in electronic form).
We remind you that all of the above documents must be translated. All translations are notarized.
After this step, wait for the academy's response.
The Department of History and Theory of Arts announces admission to the magistracy in the specialty "Theater Studies". Training lasts 1.5 years in correspondence education. After graduation, each graduate receives a diploma with a Master's degree.
The specialty has an individually developed training system. The number of places is limited, the competition is only 5 students.
Exams are held in disciplines:
• History of foreign drama theater;
• History of the theater of Belarus.
The Academy of Arts offers students the opportunity to receive postgraduate education. Admission to graduate school is carried out on a competitive basis. Students can compete for a place in graduate school in the following specialties:
• Theatrical art;
• Film, television and other screen arts;
• Fine and decorative arts and architecture;
• Technical aesthetics and design.