The history of the university begins in 1954, when the Belarusian Institute of Mechanization and Electrification of Agriculture was established with specializations in mechanization and electrification of agriculture. Over time, the institute developed and opened more and more opportunities for its students. In the first couple of years, full-time and part-time departments were already presented, and new faculties were opened, including the faculty of social professions, the organization and technology of the repair of agricultural machines, the automation of agricultural production, etc.
Already in 1992 the institute received the status of a university, and already in 2000 it became a habitual educational institution "Belarusian State Agrarian Technical University".
The university worked on the development of the educational process and recruited the best employees into the ranks of teachers and heads. At the same time, faculties continued to open and rename.
Throughout its history, the university has earned many awards, both republican and international.
In 2014, the University building hosted a meeting of the Council of Rectors of leading universities throughout the CIS.
And in 2018, the rector of the University Shilo Ivan Nikolaevich received the award for the President of the Republic of Belarus "Honored Scientist of the Republic of Belarus"
Applicants are given the opportunity to enroll in 6 faculties of BSTU. Among them:
• Agromechanical faculty;
• Agroenergy Faculty;
• Faculty "Technical service of the agro-industrial complex";
• Engineering and Technology Faculty;
• Faculty of Entrepreneurship and Management;
• Faculty of pre-university training and vocational guidance of youth.
For admission to BSATU, an applicant must pass 3 CTs in subjects corresponding to the specialty. We recommend that you look at the minimum scores for previous years in order to form a rough picture of the possibility of admission. Having taken away the certificates of centralized testing, submit the following documents to the commission:
1. Template application addressed to the rector;
2. Document on graduation from educational institution;
3. Copy or extract from the work book;
4. Originals of CT certificates;
5. Medical certificate, certified by the seal of the clinic;
6. 6 photos (3x4 cm.);
Foreign citizens are required to bring the following documents for admission:
• a statement indicating the specialty;
• document on education with an attachment;
• medical certificate issued by the territorial health organization of the Republic of Belarus;
• a medical certificate on the state of health and a certificate of absence of HIV infection, issued by the official health authority of the country from which the candidate came to study;
• a copy of the birth certificate;
• 6 photographs (3 x 4 cm);
• certificate of graduation from the faculty of pre-university training.
The campus of the university provides accommodation for students and university staff. The infrastructure of the university includes 8 dormitories and an educational and laboratory building with a hostel.
The university is trying to provide places for everyone in need. But first of all, places at the university are provided to persons with benefits. To do this, upon admission, you need to take a document confirming the right to benefits when checking into a dormitory.
A system of permanent agricultural education has been created in our country. For this, the activities of the university are assisted by specialized agrarian classes.
What it is? High school students study subjects at a level higher than their peers and master the course Introduction to agricultural professions. The course takes only 140 hours, but during this time it provides basic knowledge of the agricultural industry.