BSTU specializes in training for the forest and chemical industries, publishing, information technology. The university also teaches economic specialties. The departments of the technological university are equipped with modern equipment, which allows students and teachers to engage in scientific research and be competitive specialists in the global labor market. BSTU pays great attention to the development of academic mobility. The university collaborates with research and educational institutions in 29 countries. Every year, BSTU students go abroad in order to increase the level of professional training.
Only at the Belarusian State Technological University distance learning is carried out according to the master's program. Also, the university has a correspondence faculty, where they teach engineering, technology and economic specialties in full and abbreviated form.
To see yourself on the list of students enrolled on the official website of the university is an achievable goal. BSTU elevation passing points, large budget sets. The highest scores are at the Faculty of Information Technology, as well as the Faculty of Engineering and Economics.
1930 - By decision of the Joint Meeting of the Council of People's Commissars and the Economic Council of the BSSR of June 21, 1930 No. 50, the Forest Institute was opened, which was opened in Gomel.
1934 - Renamed the Belarusian Forestry Engineering Institute (since 1935 - named after S. M. Kirov).
At this time, academician Shkatel, professors Novikov, Karatkov, Zakharov, Zhitov, Shrakin, Ragavy worked at the institute.
1941 - Evacuated to Sverdlovsk. In 1944 he returned to Gomel.
1946 - The Institute moved to Minsk.
1961 - In 1961, by order of the Minister of Higher Education of the USSR No. 189 of 06/15/1961, the institute was reorganized from the Belarusian Forestry Engineering Institute to the Belarusian Technological Institute named after S. M. Kirov.
1980 - In 1980, by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of October 20, 1980, No. 1189, in the year of its 50th anniversary, for great services to the training of engineering and scientific personnel, as well as the development of scientific research at the BTI named after S. M. Kirov was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.
1993 - November 16, 1993 by a resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No. 784, the Belarusian Kirov Institute of Technology was transformed into the Belarusian State Technological University. In 1997 and 2004 he successfully passed the state certification, and in October 2005 he was awarded the status of a leading higher educational institution in the forestry, chemical and printing industries.
2004 - Decision of the Ministry of Education No. 488 BSTU issued a special permit (license) No. 02100/0111989 for the right to carry out educational activities.
2009 - BSTU was the first in Belarus to receive the International Certificate of Quality Management System according to ISO 9001.
2010 - for special achievements in socio-cultural development, many years of fruitful activity in training highly qualified personnel and in connection with the 80th anniversary of the founding of BSTU, was awarded the Honorary State Flag of the Republic of Belarus.
2011 - BSTU was awarded the Prize of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for achievements in the field of quality.
In March 2013, a resolution of the Council of Ministers was adopted, according to which five colleges (Polotsk State Forest College, Vitebsk State Technological College, Belarusian State College of Building Materials Industry, etc.) are attached to BSTU as separate units.
In March 2015, BSTU issued a certificate of certification for a period of 5 years and its state accreditation for compliance with the type of university was confirmed.
Faculty of correspondence education
Faculty of Engineering and Economics
Faculty of Forestry
Faculty of Print Technologies and Media Communications
Faculty of Information Technology
Faculty of Forest Engineering, Materials Science and Design
Faculty of Technology of Organic Substances
Faculty of Chemical Technology and Engineering