The history of BelSUT began in 1953, when the BIIZhT was opened in the center of Gomel.
BelSUT immediately became a leading Gomel university, on the basis of which there were 3 branches. The infrastructure of the university is represented by the Institute for Advanced Studies and Retraining of Managers, the Scientific Research Institute of Railway Transport, the Testing Center for Railway Transport and a certification body.
The university has about 6 thousand students, who are taught by about 450 representatives of the teaching staff.
The purpose of the BelSUT training is the development of values in the field of transport education, through the use of modern technologies and teaching principles.
The university successfully graduates specialists who have been trained along a trajectory that meets their social and educational needs.
BelSUT - highly qualified specialists, a modern approach to teaching, the possibility of self-realization in many aspects of student life. The infrastructure of BelSUT has a campus, which provides students with a place in a hostel, the opportunity to engage in a sports complex and a swimming pool.
Every year BelSUT opens doors for freshmen to the following faculties:
• Faculty of military transport;
• Humanities and Economics Faculty;
• Correspondence faculty;
• Faculty of Mechanics;
• Faculty of Civil Engineering;
• Faculty of Industrial and Civil Engineering;
• Management of transportation processes;
• Electrical Engineering Faculty.
Applicants who plan to enter BelSUT are required to bring the following documents to the selection committee:
• a sample application (filled in at the university);
• documents on education with an application;
• certificates of CT held in the Republic of Belarus in the current year or the previous one;
• medical certificate of health status;
• documents on benefits;
• 6 photographs measuring 3 x 4 cm;
• passport and photocopy of passport pages 25-26, 30-33.
Admission to higher education of the second degree is carried out for the following specialties:
• Accounting, analysis and audit;
• Innovative technologists and mechanical engineering;
• Construction of buildings and structures.