The history of the Brest State University named after A.S. Pushkin. It began in 1945. And already 5 years later, a pedagogical institute was opened on its base.
In 1996, the institute was renamed into Brest State University.
Gradually, the university began to open new faculties and specialties, and its graduates make a great contribution to its formation and development.
Today the university is run by the dean and his deputies. 65 teachers and 29 staff of educational support personnel continue to work within its walls.
BrSU cooperates with the Technical University of Bialystok (Poland), the University of Dortmund (Germany), the University of Michigan (USA), the University of Leuven (Belgium).
The university is proud of its cooperation with the Hi-Tech Park. Park residents at EPAM systems and Epol Soft provide university students with places for industrial practice.
BrSU provides excellent motivation for students to actively participate in social and sports life, and also provides an opportunity to implement their ideas through the Council of Student Self-Government.
The favorite entertainment and means of socialization of students are theatrical shows in honor of various holidays. At the beginning of the student journey, freshmen are assigned curators in the person of senior students who help them adapt to university life.
Today the university opens doors to the following faculties:
•Department of Biology;
• Faculty of Geography;
• Psychological and pedagogical faculty;
• Social and Pedagogical Faculty;
• Faculty of Foreign Languages;
• Faculty of Physical Education;
• Physics and Mathematics Faculty;
• Faculty of Philology;
• Faculty of Law.
To successfully enter the university, you need to go through 6 steps:
• Choice of specialty;
• Submission of documents;
• Intra-university exams;
• First day of school.
The first step for admission is to download and fill out an application. Then attach the following documents to it:
• A copy of the civil passport;
• Copy of your international passport;
• Copy of birth certificate;
• Educational document with attachment;
• Medical certificate;
• Certificate of absence of HIV infection;
All documents are submitted with a translation into Russian certified by a notary.
The third step will be filling out the commitment, where the applicant will sign the following points:
• Bring to the commission all the above documents;
• undergo a medical examination;
• In the e-mail, indicate your mobile phone number, as well as an e-mail address for feedback.
BrSU named after A.S. Pushkin signed an agreement on international cooperation with the world's leading universities:
• Higher State Vocational School named after Pope John Paul II (Republic of Poland);
• Siberian Federal University (Russia);
• Educational institution "Lutsk National Technical University" (Ukraine);
• Lithuanian Center for Social Research (Vilnius, Lithuania);
• Institute of Water Management named after Ts.E. Mirtskhulava of the Georgian Technical University.