The history of the university began in 1930. From year to year, new faculties and specialties were opened at the university, the number of departments increased and the first student hostels were built.
In 1940, the first educational building with reading rooms and a sports hall, as well as a venue for public events, was opened.
Unfortunately, the Second World War made its own adjustments to the life of the institute. The educational process resumed only in 1944. The training was carried out in the literary, physical and mathematical, natural sciences, history faculties.
In 1969, the Gomel State University was opened on the basis of the institute. This was a great breakthrough in the field of education, and the official meeting dedicated to the opening of the university was held at the Palace of Culture.
Over time, the university has developed, as has its infrastructure. New educational buildings, dormitories, canteens, and even a sanatorium-preventorium began to appear. More and more scientists and experienced specialists in the field of education could be recognized in the teaching staff of the university.
In 1999, the first issue of the journal "Izvestia of F. Skorina Gomel State University" was published. During these years, the university actively developed international cooperation.
The teaching staff of the university is developing new scientific and methodological materials to motivate their students to achieve high results. Today the university is proud of its graduates and provides a worthy program for the formation of highly qualified specialists.
Today, the university is studying at the following faculties:
•Faculty of Biology;
• Faculty of Geology and Geography;
• Correspondence faculty;
•faculty of history;
• Faculty of Mathematics and Programming Technologies;
• Faculty of Foreign Languages;
• Faculty of Psychology and Pedagogy;
• Faculty of Physical Education;
• Faculty of Physics and Information Technology;
• Faculty of Philology;
•Faculty of Economics;
• Faculty of Law;
• Faculty of pre-university training and career guidance.
Those who wish to enter the Francysk Skorina Gomel State University are required to bring the following documents to the selection committee:
• application by sample;
• document on education with an attachment;
• Certificates of the CT in subjects corresponding to the chosen specialty for the current and previous year;
• Medical certificate of health status;
• 2 photographs (3 x 4 cm.);
• Documents on benefits;
• a photocopy of the passport (pages 31-33, page 24 - registration).
To enter and receive a visa to the host country, a foreign applicant must receive an invitation to study. To do this, you must submit the following documents for consideration:
• Application by sample;
• Educational document with attachment;
• identification document with translation into Russian;
The invitation is issued at least two weeks.
After successful completion of the bachelor's degree, students are invited to enter the second stage of higher education - the master's degree. To do this, you must have a diploma of higher education and successfully pass the entrance tests. Master's degree studies last 1-2 years.
The choice is provided from 23 specialties, which are presented on the official website of the university.