The history of the institution begins in 1940, when the first teacher's institute was built in Grodno. But with the beginning of the Second World War, all the rooms and equipment were damaged, and a hospital was organized in their place.
After the Second World War, the institute was restored and named pedagogical. Over time, more and more faculties and specialties began to open at the institution, and in 1969 postgraduate studies appeared. The university trained highly qualified teachers.
Grodno State University was already established in 1978. At that time, the university was considered prestigious and produced specialists of the highest level.
Students learned not only teaching skills, but also the formation of citizenship and collectivism.
Every year the university improved, the corresponding equipment was imported, and new departments were opened. Graduates became cadres of the highest demand and made a great contribution to teaching in the country.
In 2010, the RSUH was awarded the Prize of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for achievements in the field of education and high quality of education.
Today, the university provides 14 faculties in full-time and part-time education, online events and loyalty programs.
Today, the university offers the applicant a choice of 14 faculties, each of which has several specialties. Such a wide choice of faculties will make it possible to most accurately determine the future profession.
The choice is represented by the following directions:
• Military Faculty;
• Civil Engineering Faculty;
• Faculty of Education;
• Faculty of Biology and Ecology;
• Faculty of innovative technologies in mechanical engineering;
• Faculty of Arts and Design;
• Faculty of History, Communication and Tourism;
• Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics;
• Faculty of Physical Education;
• Faculty of Economics and Management;
•Physics and Technology Faculty;
• Faculty of Philology;
• Faculty of Law.
Each applicant is required to pass 3 specialized CTs in accordance with the chosen faculty. After receiving the coveted certificates, you can go to the university with the following documents:
• Template application for the student's admission to the ranks of students;
• Educational documents: a certificate from a school or other educational institution;
• Certificates of DH for this and previous year;
• Medical certificate for admission, certified by the stamp of the clinic;
• a copy of the disabled person's certificate;
• 4 photos of 3x4 cm;
• plain marked envelope.
Here are the standard requirements for applicants, additional requirements for sports faculties, persons of correspondence department or applicants with medical contraindications can be found on the university website.
Academic mobility - the opportunity to study or internship under the program of partner universities. Academic mobility of the GRSU is represented by the following programs:
• Erasmus +;
• Program "Baltic University";
In 2017, Technolab became a science and technology park.
The park's task is to create an appropriate infrastructure for the commercialization of products of scientific and technical activities.
The directions of the park's activities are determined by the following points:
1. Support for high technology projects for their further implementation on the market;
2. Assistance in the implementation of foreign economic activity;
3. Provision of movable and immovable property;
4. The result of media coverage of the technopark's activities;
5. Provision of other services related to the activity.