The history of the Academy began in 1924, when at the All-Belarusian Congress it was decided to establish a veterinary institute. Before the opening, the teaching staff asked the leadership of the BSSR to give the institute the name of the October Revolution, and this request was fulfilled.
The educational process began, as the continuous development of the institute began. An active role in the formation of an educational institution was taken by its teaching staff, students and rectors.
Since the beginning of the establishment of the institute, he began to publish manuals with guidance on all urgent problems in the field of veterinary medicine.
A year after the opening, the rector of the university Alonov E.F. organized refresher courses for veterinary paramedics. For this, the institute created an evening workers' school for 60 people.
In 1928, the first students of the institute graduated. At that time, they were the first educated veterinarians in the country.
The institute developed rapidly. In 1934, the Podberezye state farm was transferred to the students as an educational farm. There they underwent training practice on stallions and bulls.
In the thirties, within the walls of the institute there were courses for training auxiliary veterinary personnel.
In the 40s, the university began to develop in the creation of infrastructure. New buildings and dormitories, clinics and educational museums were built.
Before the beginning of the Second World War, the institute became widespread, it was well known throughout the USSR. Highly qualified specialists worked at the university, it had well-equipped classrooms, and ambitious students. Unfortunately, the work of the university stopped during the war.
As soon as the war ended, the institute was immediately rebuilt. Already in the 50s, a sports building, a canteen, a hostel, a residential building, a vivarium, etc. were built there.
The academy continued to develop. And already in 2008 the Academy became the pearl of agricultural education.
The university invites applicants to the following faculties:
• Biotechnology Faculty;
• Advanced training and retraining of personnel (for persons with higher veterinary education);
• Faculty of Veterinary Medicine;
• Faculty of distance learning.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents to the admissions office:
• a sample application (filled in at the university);
• documents on education with an application;
• certificates of CT held in the Republic of Belarus in the year of admission / for the previous year;
• medical certificate of health status in the form;
• 6 photographs (3 * 4 cm.);
• An extract from the work record book or a photocopy certified by the signature of the manager, indicating the position held (for free training);
• Documents confirming the benefits of the applicant.
The Academy invites foreign applicants to its walls.
Applicants from the Russian Federation, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Tajikistan will be able to enter the academy on the following conditions:
• As applicants of the Republic of Belarus. They are provided with both paid and free places depending on the results of entrance examinations;
• As foreign applicants. Then they are interviewed to establish the level of language proficiency in the educational process. Training is carried out exclusively on a paid basis at rates of payment "for foreign citizens".