Belavia has joined the Industry Charter to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Belavia has joined the COVID-19 Industry Charter developed by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
In addition to the Belarusian airline, 46 international airports and 50 airlines have joined the Charter. The main goal of the Charter is to ensure the safety of passengers amid the spread of the coronavirus. Airlines that have acceded to the Charter must ensure the safety of their passengers and employees during a pandemic and compliance with sanitary requirements.
The charter assumes compliance with the following rules:
• comply with the recommendations contained in the "COVID-19 Safety Protocol" developed by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC);
• coordinate with national authorities on the implementation of recommendations to achieve maximum safety;
• in consultation with the competent authorities, develop alternative means of risk mitigation in case the recommendation cannot be implemented due to certain restrictions, and inform EASA and ECDC about them;
• monitor the effectiveness of the measures taken and report any deficiencies to the competent authorities as well as EASA and ECDC;
• analyze the effectiveness of measures and report to EASA and ECDC on a weekly basis;
• develop better security practices and provide information to EASA and ECDC.
Source: Belavia website