Diagnostics and medical rehabilitation
One of the important branches of rehabilitation is medical rehabilitation. Along with it, diagnosis is important, which allows you to evaluate the progress of treatment in dynamics.
About 300 medical rehabilitation departments work in Belarus, and a third of them are stationary.
The medical rehabilitation departments treat patients after a stroke, myocardial infarction, previous operations on the brain, blood vessels, heart, after orthopedic operations and injuries, surgical interventions on the chest, organs of the female reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, cancer, lung bronchi and other
Principles of Medical Rehabilitation
Medical rehabilitation is carried out using medication and non-medication (psychotherapy, physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, manual therapy, computer physiotherapy, heat therapy, occupational therapy, hydrotherapy).
The main principles of medical rehabilitation are:
- Early start of the rehabilitation process;
- A complex approach;
- Phased treatment;
- Continuous passage of procedures;
- Individualized approach to the patient.
Types of physiotherapy
Complexes of medical rehabilitation include a variety of methods of balneotherapy and hardware physiotherapy:
- Mud therapy;
- Inhalation therapy;
- Ultrasound therapy;
- Microwave therapy;
- “Dry” carbonic baths;
- Therapeutic shower;
- Therapeutic massage, etc.
In order to improve the quality of rehabilitation assistance, educational programs, which inform the patient about the disease, its course, postoperative changes, modification of life principles and stereotypes, modern methods and equipment used in therapy, are conducted.
The use of physiotherapeutic procedures among children is actively practiced by pediatricians. They can serve both as the main method of treatment, and as an additional element in the main course of therapy.
Basically, with the help of physiotherapy doctors treat colds, skin diseases, diseases of the musculoskeletal system, gastrointestinal tract, cardiovascular, nervous system. Also, methods of pediatric physiotherapy are used for preventive purposes, for example in cases of the prevention of diseases of the spine and respiratory system.
The most common procedures are:
- Infrared phototherapy;
- Low-frequency pulsed electrotherapy.
Laser physiotherapy is a method based on the effect of laser radiation on a patient.
When radiation is absorbed by the skin and mucous membranes, enzymes are activated, reparative and metabolic processes in the tissues are launched, accelerated wound healing, anti-inflammatory effect, and activation of the immune system are observed.
The main indications for laser physiotherapy are:
- Surgical diseases (trophic ulcers, non-healing wounds, prostatitis, hemorrhoids, anal fissures, etc.);
- Skin diseases (dermatoses, eczema, toxidermy, keloid scars, etc.);
- Dental diseases (periodontal disease, pulpitis, gingivitis, traumatic damage to the oral mucosa, etc.);
- Diseases of the internal organs (bronchial asthma, bronchitis, coronary heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.);
- Diseases of the nervous system (neuropathy of the facial nerve, spinal osteochondrosis, migraine, multiple sclerosis, syringomyelia, etc.);
- Gynecological diseases (chronic and acute inflammatory diseases, uterine bleeding, mastitis, fissures and swelling of the nipples of the mammary glands, etc.);
- Diseases of the ENT organs of an inflammatory nature.
Magnetic physiotherapy is a physiotherapy method, which is based on the effect of a constant or alternating magnetic field on the problem area of the human body.
It is used as an auxiliary method, as well as an alternative to drug therapy.
Magnetotherapy has a vasodilating, catabolic, lymphatic drainage, trophostimulating, hypocoagulating, hypotensive effect. Thus, it has positive effects on the course of desease:
- An initial degree of angina pectoris;
- Injuries, etc.
A feature of the method is its use, in particular, with the worst forms of the disease, with high body temperature and severe pain, that is why it is popular.
A common and safe method in medical rehabilitation is massage. It is used as a relaxing procedure, as well as for various disorders of the musculoskeletal system. Thus, thanks to massage you can relieve stress, relieve muscle tension, weaken the effect of stress, increase the flexibility of joints, increase blood flow in places of massage.
Massage can be carried out using hands, mechanical and mixed methods.
For medical purposes massage is required in cases of:
- Muscle pain;
- Diseases in the cervical spine;
- Diseases of the shoulder girdle;
- Flat feet;
- Curvature of the spinal column.
Medical and sports rehabilitation of patients
Physiotherapeutic procedures are used for medical purposes, and are also widespread in sports circles, since sports have become a kind of profession. In order to withstand tremendous loads, athletes need to recover.
The main goals of medical and sports rehabilitation of patients are:
- Recovery - contributes to the return of health;
- Medical - helps in the treatment of acute and chronic diseases;
- Preventive - prevents the development of diseases or their relapses;
- Improving performance - allows athletes to achieve the desired results.
Clinics and Department of Medical Physiotherapy
Clinics and medical physiotherapy departments rehabilitate patients with orthopedic, therapeutic, gynecological, and surgical profiles.
In Belarus, physiotherapy services are provided in the departments of clinics, represented by entire buildings, floors or separate rooms. The main procedures in this area: light therapy, heat therapy, massage, laser therapy, acupuncture, physiotherapy, mechanotherapy, hydrotherapy.
Physiotherapy rooms are equipped with modern equipment that allows achieving significant results at an accelerated pace.
Reception is conducted by qualified physiotherapists, rehabilitologists, acupuncture doctors, for some manipulations or certain procedures they are assisted by specially trained nurses.
Physiotherapy in the clinic
Physiotherapy rooms also work at the district polyclinics. They offer a number of services that are actively prescribed by physiotherapists. Procedures take place during the day, by appointment.
The main ones are:
- Laser therapy;
- Heat therapy;
- Oxygen cocktails;
The main goals of a physiotherapy cabinet are physiotherapeutic treatment, massage and rehabilitation.
In all areas, therapy is selected individually for each patient, depending on age, the specificity of the disease.
Basically, physiotherapeutic procedures are carried out using appropriate devices:
- Light therapy;
- Electrotherapy with direct current;
- Pulse current;
- Aerosol therapy;
The main indications for contacting a physiotherapy room are:
- Diseases of the ENT organs (sinusitis, otitis);
- Diseases of the internal organs (colitis, biliary dyskinesia);
- Vascular diseases (diabetic angiopathy; varicose veins, conditions after frostbite and burns);
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system (arthritis, inflammatory process of the articular bag, muscle atrophy);
- Post-traumatic conditions (bruises, sprains, dislocations, fractures);
- Diseases of the genitourinary system (prostatitis, weakness of the pelvic floor muscles).
Physiotherapy treatment in Minsk
Physiotherapeutic procedures demonstrate their effectiveness in the treatment of diseases of the female reproductive system, urology, musculoskeletal system, fractures, diseases of the ENT organs. In addition to the main course, doctors prescribe physiotherapy treatment. In Minsk, you can go to polyclinics, hospitals and private medical centers. You can read more in the list here.
Physiotherapy in Gynecology
Physiotherapy in gynecological practice is actively used to treat acute and chronic pathologies, and can also be prescribed to prepare for operations in the postoperative and postpartum period.
Indications for physiotherapy in the field of gynecology are:
- Cracks in the nipples;
- Cervical erosion;
- Uterine bleeding;
- Weak labor;
- Painful menstruation;
- Postpartum recovery;
- Preparation for IVF.
The main goals of physiotherapy in gynecology are anesthesia, improvement of blood circulation, restoration of organ functions, improvement of metabolic processes in tissues.
The main methods used in gynecological physiotherapy are:
- Ultrasound therapy;
- Electrophoresis with drugs;
- Laser therapy;
- Gynecological massage.
Physiotherapy for children
Physiotherapy for children offers a wide range of treatment procedures aimed at various organ systems. This method is prescribed in some cases from birth. Methods and techniques differ significantly from those for adults, they should be selected individually by attending a physician.
Most often, physiotherapy is required in the following cases:
- Diseases of the skin, including in newborns;
- Consequences of birth injury;
- Prevention of rickets;
- For the treatment of allergic reactions;
- Musculoskeletal system;
- Nervous system;
- ENT organs;
- Prevention of cardiovascular disease.
Methods used for treatment:
- UV irradiation;
- Medicinal electrophoresis;
- UHF therapy;
- Electrical stimulation;
Physiotherapy for the disabled
The main goal of medical rehabilitation for people with disabilities is to restore and compensate for the functional capabilities of the human body that are impaired due to a birth defect, past illnesses or injuries.
The conduct of physiotherapeutic rehabilitation methods is followed by psychodiagnostics and psychocorrection, since the patient loses his job, his usual way of life.
- Psychodiagnostics and psychocorrection;
- Physical rehabilitation methods (massage, fitness equipment);
- Drug treatment;
- Rehabilitation equipment (wheelchairs, canes, crutches, walkers).
Rehabilitation assistance at the republican level is provided by:
- Republican Clinical Hospital for Medical Rehabilitation (Aksakovschina);
- Republican Scientific Practical Center for Medical Examination and Rehabilitation (Gorodishche);
- Republican Children's Hospital for Medical Rehabilitation (Ostroshitsky);
- Republican Children's Center for Medical Rehabilitation (Borovoye);
- Republican Center for Medical Rehabilitation and Balneotherapy (Minsk).
Physiotherapy for osteochondrosis
Physiotherapy for osteochondrosis, depending on the condition of the patient’s disease, is used both in combination with drug therapy and independently.
Thanks to physiotherapy, the absorption of calcium is improved, an analgesic, anti-inflammatory effect is achieved, it improves microcirculation, metabolism, activates bioelectric processes in the tissues of the nervous system.
The main types of physiotherapy used in osteochondrosis:
- Ultrasound therapy;
- Shock wave therapy;
- Detensor therapy;
- Laser therapy;
- Balneo and mud therapy.
After successful removal of exacerbation, massage and physiotherapy exercises are indicated.
Physiotherapy for fractures
It is extremely important to include physiotherapy for fractures, since the rehabilitation process may otherwise be delayed.
For fractures without bone displacement, outpatient conservative treatment is prescribed. For fractures with complications, for fractures with bone fragments, with displacement, surgery is performed. In severe cases, fixation with metal knitting needles is used.
Physiotherapy is recommended for fracture therapy:
- Shock wave therapy;
Physiotherapy of the knee
Physiotherapy of the knee joint is used quite often. It allows you to directly affect the focus of the disease, without affecting other organs and tissues.
During treatment, microcirculation improves, edema decreases, and tense muscles relax. One of the important factors of physiotherapy is its ability to optimize blood circulation and increase the body's sensitivity to drugs. Ultrasound therapy in conjunction with drugs and surgery gives a positive result.
The main methods used in the treatment of knee joint:
- According to the indications of hyaluronic acid injection;
Physiotherapy of the spine
In Belarus, physiotherapeutic treatment comes first in the treatment of spinal diseases. It does not cause drug dependence and side effects on adjacent organs and tissues. The technique is non-invasive, therefore completely safe.
The main methods used in physiotherapy of the spine:
- Magnetotherapy - helps to improve blood circulation in the tissues, their trophism, and reparative processes are stimulated. It is used for damage to peripheral nerves, diseases of the spine and joints, with bone fractures and sprains.
- Magneto-laser therapy - both radiation are aimed at reducing inflammation, vasodilation, muscle relaxation. It is used to treat neuralgia, in chronic inflammatory processes.
- Electrophoresis of drugs - the method is based on improving the penetration of drugs by exposure to electric impulses. Allows targeted delivery of drugs without undergoing presystemic elimination.
- Ultrasound therapy - improves microcirculation, loosens connective tissue, improves metabolism and regeneration.
Physiotherapy for foreign citizens
In Belarus, medical services from foreigners are in great demand in view of the ratio of relatively low prices with a good level of quality. The field of physiotherapy is no exception.
Services in this area are provided to both citizens of the Republic of Belarus and foreigners. In state institutions, residents of the republic are provided with services according to special price lists. In private medical centers, treatment is paid for everyone and is carried out at the same rates.
Physiotherapy centers: institutes, hospitals and departments
Here is a list of medical centers in Minsk, where you can undergo physiotherapy treatment:
1. "Ram clinic"
Address: Minsk, st. Azgur;
2. Medical center "Antes med"
Address: Minsk, st. Krasnoarmeyskaya, 32;
3. Medical department "Metilik"
Address: Minsk, st. L. Bedy, 31/126, room 1H;
4. Medical centers "Nogi.by"
Address: Minsk, st. Melezha, 1;
Address: Minsk, st. Surganova, 47B;
6. Recreation complex “TsPKLES”
Address: p. Zhdanovii, st. Parkovaya, 26;
Address: Minsk, st. Burdeynoy, 6V;
8. Clinical Maternity Hospital
Address: Minsk, st. F. Skoriny, 16;
9. Medical center "Shinest"
Address: Minsk, st. Revolutionaya, 26a;
10. Manual therapy cabinet “Doctor Kononovich V.I.”
Address: Minsk, st. Korzhenevsky, 33;
11. Medical center "Meditseya"
Address: Minsk, st. F. Skoriny, 12, 202;
12. Giruda plus
Address: Minsk, Partizansky Ave. 14;
13. Medical Center "Vnuki Hippocrata"
Address: Minsk, st. Gorodsky Val, 8;
14. Orthopedic rehabilitation medical center "K-aktiv"
Address: Minsk, st. Ponomarenko, 35a;
Address: Minsk, st. Kiseleva, 12;
16. Clinical Center for Plastic Surgery and Medical Cosmetology
Address: Minsk, st. M. Bogdanovich, 53;
17. Medical center "Linoko Health School"
Address: Minsk, st. Zhudro, 59;
18. Medical center "Bioresonance"
Address: Minsk, st. P. Glebki, 11, room 8;
19. “Salve” Center for Aesthetic Dermatology
Ares: Minsk, st. Pritytsky, 29-529;
20. Medical center MTZ
Address: Minsk, st. Stakhanovskaya, 10A;
Address: Minsk, st. M. Bogdanovich, 78.
You can sign up for an ultrasound procedure in a city clinic at your place of residence or call one of the private clinics where you will be notified of the prices of services and the doctor’s work hours.
The best physiotherapists in Belarus
1. Ptukha Elena Viktorovna
Works since 1990
Place of work: Ekomedservis, st. Tolstoy, 4, Minsk; Medical Center "Vnuki Hippocrats", st. Gorodsky Val, 8, Minsk;
2. Mikhlyuk Natalya Leonidovna
Works since 1992
Place of work: aesthetic medicine center “Shinest”, st. Revolutionaya, 26A, Minsk;
3. Strelets Elena Vladimirovna
Works since 1995
Place of work: Minsk Regional Children's Hospital, Lesnoy, 40, st. Borovlyany;
4. Ivanova Lyubov Nikolaevna
Works since 1991
Place of work: Nordin, st. Surganova, 47B, Minsk;
5. Shaban Irina Mikhailovna
Works since 2006
Place of work: Nordin, st. Surganova, 47B, Minsk;
Photo: umedcollege.ru, kim-mrt.ru, avatars.mds.yandex.net